How to Access a Genetic Counselor at No Cost to You
Otogenetics has partnered with GeneMatters to provide a genetic counseling session to you at no additional cost. To access this service at no cost to you, your physician will need to provide you with a referral code.
Once you have this referral code, visit: GeneMatters – Schedule Appointment
- Scroll to the bottom of the Schedule an Appointment page and select Create Your Account Now
- Next, select I was given a referral code and enter your referral code
- Follow the simple steps to create your account and then select your appointment time.
- If you have your Otogenetics test result, please upload it where indicated. If you do not have your result, GeneMatters will obtain this from Otogenetics prior to your appointment.
What is a Genetic Counselor?
Your healthcare provider may recommend talking with a genetic counselor. A genetic counselor is a healthcare professional with specialized training in genetics, genetic family history and genetic testing. A genetic counselor can:
- Help you understand your risk given your family history.
- Help you understand results of a genetic test and what they may mean for you.
- Help you make the most informed healthcare decisions that are right for you.
What to Expect During a Genetic Counseling Appointment with GeneMatters
At the time of your appointment, GeneMatters genetic counseling service will call you. During your appointment, you will have the opportunity to discuss genetic testing results, what they may mean for you, and have your questions answered. You may also discuss further options you may want to consider. After the session, a summary of your session will be provided.
More about Genetic Counseling
You may have additional questions about genetic counseling and how it can help you. Please visit these pages on Gene-Matters.com to learn more: