Otogenetics has robust experience in Whole Exome Sequencing for both research purposes and clinical decision-making.
Select “Researchers” or “Clinicians” below according to your service needs:
Researchers turn to us because of our ability to help them precisely select the Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) services they need to best meet the needs of their unique research in a cost-effective way. Exome sequencing for mouse, zebrafish, canine, and other organisms is also available.
- Clinicians rely on us to provide them with the clinical insights they need quickly and efficiently, while making it easy to understand and interpret.
What is Whole Exome Sequencing (WES)?
WES is a cost effective alternative to Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS). The human exome consists of approximately 180,000 exons, which constitutes about 1-2% of the human genome. These exon protein coding regions harbor variants which are much more likely to have severe consequences than those in the remaining 99% of the genome. Instead of incurring the time and cost of sequencing the whole genome and the challenge to handle a vast dataset, many researchers and clinicians can obtain the decision-making data they need by sequencing the exome. WES can identify genetic variants responsible for:
- Mendelian diseases such as Huntington’s disease
- Somatic variants linked to various cancers
- Underlying genetic components for complex diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, autism, and major chronical diseases of cardiovascular systems and diabetes
- Influencing an individual’s response to a specific pharmacological regimen
WES provides the right balance of insights and price
- WGS takes longer and is often cost-prohibitive while the data needed is usually in the exons
- Sanger sequencing and microarrays are not effective for large target regions
- Targeted pre-defined panels may not contain all of the data needed for the project
Otogenetics Leverages State of the Art Techniques to Ensure Quality
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Service on Illumina HiSeq
- Sample tracking via LIMS for customers to view projects in real-time
- Multiple QC steps to ensure quality of your service
- Agilent SureSelect Sequencing services (human and other species)